If Bowral Country Christmas isn’t enough for you then it could mean that you need a Southern Highlands Christmas feel. Spending your Christmas in the highlands is one way to escape the extreme heat and to keep things cool and relaxing. The place provides a picturesque view, perfect for your Facebook and Instagram snaps! And it is also filled with many entertaining activities, in which these could thoroughly utilize your time making your stay worthwhile.
There’s much to say. Here are some juicy guidelines for you to savour the utmost of Christmas joy in Bowral Town.
Here are 4 of the most promising events to visit around Christmas time in Bowral:
- Southern Highlands Open Gardens during the month of December until its 31st day; some homeowners will welcome guests to their gardens in which they open it to public viewing. Do not waste your chance to have a glimpse to some of the most beautifully prepared gardens paired with a classy home structure!
- The Farmer’s & Flea Market. This grand market event usually takes place during every 4th Saturday each month. It opens early at 8am and ends at 1pm. This will give you access to locally produced fresh products such as gourmet goods or rummage.
- Blue Light Disco For the young ones out there Blue Light Disco will surely suit their preferences. It usually takes place every last Saturday of each month. It is held at the RSL Club in the Mittagong Street of Bessemer. They usually commence the event between 4:00 pm and 6:30. The disco is heavily monitored by the NSW Police Force.
- Harper’s Mansion Historic Property and Open Garden This real estate property is one of the most celebrated National Trust Structures within the NSW region. It was built in the year 1834. When in the area, you will be able to see the house museum, the hedge maze and the garden every Sunday between 10:30 am and 4:00 pm in Berrima Village.
Bonus tip: for a wonderful Christmas Day Lunch, you can try dining at the Fitzroy Inn. Phatt Duck Events will host a cooking fair for a special Christmas Banquet. You might also be interested in reading Southern Highlands Christmas Fair.
The following are what is to be expected within the menu:
- Marinated Octopus Salad
- Sydney Rock Oysters
- South Coast Prawns 2 Ways
- House Cured Salmon Gravlax
Hot & Roasted
- Cooked Pork Belly with Crackling Cooked for 8-hours
- Maugers Smoked Ham
- Lamb Rack with Salsa Verde
- Crown of Roast Turkey with Persian Stuffing
In addition, they will also feature root vegetables from the garden which is properly roasted in duck fat and various salad types. You will surely be delighted in which you will be able to savour the utmost of Christmas delicacies from the champagne at your arrival to the desserts. The price of the lunch is around 160$ per person.
Bottom line, the best places to go and the best things to see are just a bonus to your holiday tour in Bowral. One most certain thing that you will need to have the best experience around the area and for this holiday season is the accompaniment of the important people in your life. Thus, the Southern Highlands is the perfect place to create the best of memories with them; to keep you all happy and delighted with all the entertainment life can offer.